Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Regulatory - a close working relationship with the FSA helps to ensure that you can provide our clients with insight into regulatory interpretation, and the breadth of clients we work with gives you the ability to benchmark to leading practice.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to work with a very wide set of clients drawn from across the financial sector.
- Working effectively within a team in a project environment.
- Production of technical deliverables for clients on a timely basis.
- Leading small engagements and working within larger, multi-disciplinary team.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients and other departments of KPMG.
- Assist firms in the understanding and impact of regulation.
- Providing guidance on the application of Conduct Risk rules contained in the COBS sourcebooks.
- Running workshops and client sessions on a range of regulatory issues including: ARROW; TCF; remediation activity; Approved Persons/SIF; and management of regulatory relationships.
- Assisting in the development of business for the Regulatory team, including production of proposals and the identification of opportunities within client engagements.
- Mentoring and coaching of other less experienced team members.
- Support KPMG's efforts in relation to sales and marketing, Research and Development and Knowledge Management
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of FSA Supervisory Framework including ARROW assessment framework.
- Regulatory / Operational Experience of COBs (inc MCOB, ICOBs).
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Experience and Background
- Knowledge/ Experience of Governance and Systems and Controls regulation that affect our retail clients and Principle / Outcomes Based Regulation.
- Practical knowledge / experience of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Understanding the role of the regulator and advising clients on managing their relationship with the regulator e.g. ongoing supervision (inc. ARROW preparation), risk mitigation and dealing with enforcement.
- Experience of working within retail financial services arena, preferably including experience of working in a professional services firm and time in a regulatory environment (eg a regulated firms' compliance department or FSA)
Applying with a disability:
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers' Forum on Disability we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity:
There is a good reason why KPMG consistently features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for! It's not just the exceptional training, market leading career opportunities and flexible work arrangements that we offer; we value diverse opinions and backgrounds and create an environment that combines your commitments outside of work with your career potential.But, don't take our word for it, Industry Awards and Recognition page
Policy for Agencies: KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy