Teledyne Relays' mission, vision, and value statements have never really changed in principle since 1963. Dedication to every employee and client's success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships - Teledyne Relays is EveryWhereYouLook!
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization - whose company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the leading manufacturers in ultra-miniature hermetically sealed switching solutions, Teledyne Relays is focused on hiring the best available talent!
Position Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for a sharp Trade Compliance Specialist to join the team!
The Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the import and export compliance program at Teledyne Relays. The position will support and contribute to the strategic development and maintenance of the international trade compliance program in accordance with Teledyne Technologies Incorporated corporate policies and procedures.
This position reports directly to the International Trade Compliance Director of the Teledyne Reynolds Group, and via a dotted line to the Teledyne Technologies Corporate Trade Compliance team. This position will be required to be available for occasional travel to other facilities.
* Execute Relays' import/export operational processes and procedures;
* Work with internal and external customers/vendors and customs brokers/freight forwarders to ensure import/export compliance;
* Research and supply customs brokers with additional product information including classification, value and other information necessary to complete Customs clearance;
* Determine trade data such as: HTS, ECCN, customs value, country of origin, trade preference program/free trade agreement qualification, product codes, import/export documentation requirements;
* Review customs entries and maintain customs broker metrics to measure clearance performance, and implement corrective measures;
* Oversee order documentation and troubleshoot customs and shipping issues;
* Perform denied party screening;
* Handle documentation related to visitors and employee foreign travel;
* Maintain a customs assists log and other shipment-related logs as may be required;
* Track RMAs and file EEIs;
* Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of import and export compliance policies, procedures, and work instructions;
* Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective actions, as required;
* Assist the Teledyne Corporate Legal Department with investigations of any incidents of purported non-compliance with laws and regulations;
* As an integral member of Trade Compliance team, perform other duties on a collateral basis, as assigned by the Director of International Trade Compliance, which may include other Teledyne BUs.
* A Bachelor's degree is preferred;
* Minimum 4 years' experience in import compliance capacity for a U.S. company, preferably in the area of commercial and defense aerospace;
* Excellent knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations and ability to apply technical knowledge of regulations to business transactions;
* Familiarity with U.S. export laws and regulations, including classification and licensing controls, is preferred;
* Must be highly analytical and organized, and willing to accept ownership of projects;
* Responsive to deadlines;
* Consistent in producing quality work;
* Experience coordinating with other departments relating to import and export shipments;
* Works well in a fast-paced environment with minimal day-to-day supervision
* Candidate must be a U.S. person
NOTE: Relocation is not offered for the position listed above.
Teledyne Reynolds, Inc. dba Teledyne Relays may, at its discretion, modify or add further duties not currently listed in this general job description.
This is a full-time opportunity with one of the world's innovative leader in manufacturing Electromechanical/Solid State Relays and Power Controllers, High Power Coax Switches and RF Switching Systems, located in Hawthorne, California.
What can Teledyne Relays' offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time , Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
How to Apply:
Internal applicants that have been employed at least 6 months with Teledyne may apply for the position. Speak with your Supervisor and see Human Resources for the internal link to apply. Refer to requisition #2017-5259, Trade Compliance Specialist, location: Hawthorne, CA.
Qualified external applicants go to the Teledyne Career Center at: . Refer to requisition# 2017-5259, Trade Compliance Specialist, located in Hawthorne, California.
TELEDYNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law.
Teledyne participates in E-Verify and upholds the Pay Transparency Policy.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please inform Human Resources at 777-0077. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Learn more about us at .
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date10/5/2017