JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at
The Chief Administrative Office Operations team supports compliance, and manages and maintains reference data to ensure that our customers, employees, and lines of business are in adherence with firm standards and required regulations.
Our mission is to improve the quality of reference data used across the organization and provide compliance operational support across the firm's global businesses and functions. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and JPMorgan Chase. We do the right thing, even when it's not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
The CAO Operations Quality Assurance team is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program. The team works closely with the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made.
The company's responsibilities related to Anti-Money Laundering span every business, function and region - and apply to every customer and client of the firm. The AML/Sanctions Consent Order requires that JPMorgan Chase make specific process and system improvements - on top of more immediate procedural changes - and drive greater consistency in its approach to AML across the company.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team is an integral part of the Controls environment within CAO Operations, and is responsible for conducting a continuous analysis against internal procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure quality, completeness, and accuracy. The Quality Assurance team supports the review of activities performed by several CAO Operations teams that support the firm's Global AML Prevention Program.
These Workstreams include but are not limited to the Client List Screening function, Due Diligence Operations, Account Activity Review, E-Communications and Transaction Surveillance, the firm's Risk Assessment ("RA") Program, and Global Reference Data Operations.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, investigating, and escalating Alerts and suspicious transactional activity, along with performing testing and ensuring the accuracy of the Firm's multiple RA reports. The candidate should have the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and appropriately disposition by utilizing analytical skills and research results. There will be a strong expectation to liaise with Senior Management and other units at the bank. The candidate will operate under the supervision of the Compliance Manager and may receive guidance from Senior Compliance Management.
* Perform analysis on completed reports to verify controls/standards are met.
* Understand OFAC and AML standards and guidelines to determine whether control issues have been satisfactorily addressed or require escalation for further review by management.
* Identify key issues, cause and effect relationships, and gaps in the process that impact quality, accuracy, and/or compliance and make recommendations for addressing process and procedure-related deficiencies.
* Evaluate regulatory requirements against departmental resources, goals, and objectives to identify effective alternatives that are practical and appropriate.
* Verify accuracy related to current OFAC/AML process and investigate reliability of data related to the Quality Assurance Process.
* Review quality of completed cases/reports, based on quality testing standards, the goal of the operation process, and the nature of the cases.
* Deliver detailed analysis of findings to senior management.
* 2-4 years of experience reviewing and analyzing data or reports for accuracy and adherence to procedures.
* Expertise may also include: Audit, Control, Risk, Fraud, and Research
* Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
* Proven ability identifying issues/defects and recommending solutions
* Demonstrated experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Forensic Accounting, Criminal Justice (focusing on financial crime) or equivalent work experience
* Working knowledge of OFAC, AML, Terrorist Finance statutes and governing bodies
* Strong Communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
* Results-oriented Team Player
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule
* Must be detail oriented, well organized, and a self starter
* Intermediate level skills working with the MS Office suite of tools, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of MS SharePoint
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.